Yes, it’s Spring! The vibrance season is always loved by everyone, however, it also means that we will be cleaning pollen off from around the house which sometimes covering most of the garage area. Therefore, cleaning a garage door should also be on your things to do for this season, not only from the dust but also from oil buildup that out of the tracks which can prevent mechanical malfunctions.
Here are some of our tips on how to clean your garage doors
List of items that you need for cleaning the garage doors:
- A bucket
- A hose
- A soft rag
- Dish soap or gentle detergent
Step by step on how to clean your garage doors:
- Using a mild detergent solution like dish wash soap or gentle detergent that has less than 0.5% phosphate is always a great idea.
- Oil stains will be a bit difficult to clean but it’s not impossible. However, you need to rinse all of the detergent solutions from the garage doors then apply a diluted bleach and water solution to spot clean.
- The back of weather-stripping which located on the top and sides of the door that rarely seen but also needs to be cleaned thoroughly.
- Caked dirt can be removed easily by your hands.
- Using a soft, non-abrasive cloth or sponge for cleaning the garage doors is advised.
- Prepare the clean and soft cloth to wipe dry the garage doors after rinse all of the solutions with water.
Always remember, DON’T do or use these while cleaning your garage doors:
- Pressure wash your garage doors.
- Use more than 0.5% phosphate detergents.
- Mix detergents with bleach.
- Use rough cloths which will leave marks on the garage doors.
- Use any window cleaning solutions or solvent cleaners.
By doing a regular garage door maintenance such as cleaning on your garage doors, you are helping the garage doors always be on optimal condition and prolong its lifespan. However, if you don’t have time to do the cleaning, look for professional garage door services in your local area which will ensure all of these steps done correctly.